Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Fieldtrips


With the end of the school year so close, the last few weeks are nothing but field trips and partys! I volunteered to go on both Sydnee's and Kelsei's class trips. (sounded like a good idea at the time, and isn't this why I stay home so I can do this stuff with the kids????) So Kelsei's was last week, I get to school and find out that there are 31 parents there to take the 35, that's right 35, kindergartners on the trip. HELLO... I've never taught kindergarten (and have no desire to do so) but isn't that a lot of parents?? Why were we getting notices for weeks about the need for volunteers for this trip?? Anyways, we loaded up on to the school bus. (an experience in itself) and headed downtown, rode the carousel, played at the park, at at the Olive Garden, and watched a play. The kids had fun. I love this age, there are no clicks. You are best friends with whatever kid you are standing next to. When do we outgrow that and start to judge others and ourselves?



Sydnee's field trip was on Monday. Interestingly, the parent/student ratio dropped significantly. Are kids not as fun in 2nd grade?? I think they are, and we had zero "potty emergencys" which is more then I can say for Kelsei's class trip. So off we went in the big yellow bus again. This time to watch the dolphin movie on the IMAX and then to Manito Park for a scavenger hunt. We had a great time. Sydnee is really growing up fast, and it was great to hang out with her for the day.

1 comments:

Kris Kanenwisher said...

Ah ha! I'm the first comment. Cute blog, and happy birthday Brian. That sounds like a fun time. I can't believe how old Sydnee is...no way she is 8. Blogging gets a little addictive, so beware...;)